CBOP Swimming Sports - Wednesday 14th April
Mini Marathon - Friday 7th May (Y0-6)
Date: Friday 7th May (no postponement date)
Time: 8.30am - 12.00pm (9.15am meet at venue, 10.00am first race starts, 11.15am prizegiving)
Venue: Energy Events Centre, Queens Drive, Rotorua
Who: All Primary children - Years 0-6
Cost: $5 per child
Entries Close: Thursday 15th April
Children are to wear their School PE uniform and appropriate footwear for running/walking in.
Transport: If your child requires transport this will be an additional cost of $2 per child.
Children requiring transport to the venue will need to be at school by 8.30am
Children being dropped off at the venue will need to be there by 9.15am, Children getting picked up from the event need to be collected by 11.30am.
Passports (optional): You will be able to download and print an official Mini Marathon Passport in which your child can track their progress at completing 40km of running (or walking) in the build up to the event. They then get to complete the final 2km of their marathon on the actual Rotorua Marathon Course.
Registration Form HERE
Link to download passport HERE
Rip, Grip & Whip Mountain Biking Event - Tuesday 11th May (Y4 -6)
DATE: Tuesday 11th May 2021 (no postponement)"If drizzling we ride! If pouring we cancel. No Refund!"
TIME: 8.30am School check in opens, first race at 9.30am.
VENUE: Waipa MTB Car Park, Whakarewarewa Forest
COST: $5.00 per competitor
WHO: Year 4 - 8 Boys and girls
MARSHALS: All schools MUST provide a marshal for the event.
LIMITED ENTRIES: We may have to limit entries to this event as it will depend on parent helpers. Priority will be given to Y6 students first. Children will need to be dropped off and picked up from the venue.
Course 1: A Taster of Mountain Biking.
- 2KM, easy flowing course designed for those who have never ridden a mountain bike before or those who are not very confident. Heavy Marshal presence to support and encourage.
Course 2: Let Me Fly
- Approx. 6KM, designed for those who can ride and like humps and bumps and a bit of speed if like.
Grade 1-2. Not for technical riders.
Course 3: Legend Status
- Approx. 8km, course designed for competent, regular riders, consists of technical on Grade 3 & 4 tracks. NB.Caregiver permission required to enter this course.
Podium finishes for male and female.
Interschool Mixed Relay: 3 person team; Utilizing Course 2 broken into sections. Final event of the day.
Team to have uniform - matching tops for ease of identification! ONLY 1 RELAY TEAM PER SCHOOL
Terms of Participation:
● All Bikes must be Fit-For-Purpose and in good working condition.
● All bikes must have a working front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
● By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. No helmet, no riding.
● Elbow and Knee protection are optional.
● Closed toe shoes are required. No singlet tops are permitted. Tops must have short sleeves with shoulders covered as a minimum.
● There is no practice allowed directly prior to this event on the day.
● Participation is strongly encouraged for this event, riders will also be timed and podium places awarded for Course 2 & 3 male and female.
● It is the rider’s responsibility to be at the Start in time for their ride.
● There will be NO protests heard for this event.
● Schools are responsible for their own rubbish and must remove all rubbish at the conclusion of the event.
● No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled due to weather.
● All competitors take part at their own risk.
REGISTRATION FORM HERE