Google Apps For Education- GAFE
The Middle and Senior School are using Google Apps for Education. All the students have their own login and Learning Journey blog.
Google Apps for Education is a free suite of hosted communication and collaboration applications designed for schools and universities. Google Apps includes Gmail, Google Calendar (shared calendaring), Google Docs (online document, spreadsheet, presentation, form creation and sharing), and Google Sites (team website creation with videos, images, gadgets and documents integration).
Why use Google Apps for Education?
- To provide students with access to current technology applications and free tools designed for collaboration with other students and teachers
- To give students the ability to work on their documents both in school and at home - anytime and anywhere from any Internet connected device
- To help students work collaboratively, engage in peer-editing of documents, and publish for a wider audience
- To facilitate “paperless” transfer of work between students and teachers
- To provide adequate long-term storage space for student work
- A potential cost savings in terms of software licensing and document storage